Latest News – PUBG Mobile 0.8.0 Update Brings New Sanhok Map, Anti-Cheating Measures, and More
What is happening in our world? Who is doing what? what is going on now? These are questions that will be answered. Enjoy.
PUBG Mobile 0.8.0 Update Brings New Sanhok Map, Anti-Cheating Measures, and More
PUBG Corporation on Tuesday announced the patch notes for latest update for PUBG Mobile on Android and iOS. This update brings the much-awaited new Sanhok map to users on both platforms, apart from several customisable pick-up settings, achievements, clans, anti-cheating measures, progress missions, Royale Pass, and more. Having previously announced that all servers of PUBG Mobile would be taken offline for maintenance after the update, Tencent has now confirmed that maintenance is complete and the server is back online for gamers to resume their PUBG matches.
The update will be available for users starting September 12. The new Sanhok map can be downloaded independently, and comes with new in-game weapons and vehicles. These include the new Flare Gun, an automatic rifle called QBZ, a shotgun attachment Duckbill, a 4-seater Muscle Car, and another 4-seater Bulletproof UAZ. The Sanhok map is one-fourth the size of Erangel or Miramar, but still features 100 players per match.
Here is the entire changelog of the PUBG Mobile 0.8.0 patch notes.
New Map: Sanhok
Sanhok can be downloaded independently, so enter the game and get it right away to join your friends in the rainforest!
It also comes with new weapons and vehicles:
- Flare Gun: a rare item that calls a super air drop if used within the Playzone, and a Bulletproof UAZ if used outside the Playzone.
- QBZ: an automatic rifle that fires 5.56mm rounds. Has both single shot and full-auto.
- Duckbill: an attachment for shotguns. Reduces vertical spread and increases horizontal spread.
- Muscle Car: 4 seats, and has both a hard-top and a convertible version.
- Bulletproof UAZ: 4 seats. Obtained from using the Flare Gun outside the Playzone.
Customizable Pick-up Settings
- Pick-up quantities can now be specified in settings.
- Added more achievements. Now can be found under Missions.
- Clan Perks: after getting specific items (through purchase or luck), the system will award a certain amount of UC for players to share it with other Clan members.
- New Clan titles can be equipped after purchase.
- Clan Rankings: now lists the most active Clans this week and this season.
- Improved recognition of cheating plug-ins.
- Added Report buttons to Spectator Mode, Basic Information and Results.
Dismantling Time-Limited Items
- Time-Limited items can now be dismantled to BP directly.
- Added a Collect All button to collect rewards of all completed missions.
- Added new mission types to make progression more fun.
Lucky Air Drops
- Chance to get a mystery drop after a match. Contents are customized!
- Season page now shows all seasons played and relevant data such as season titles, the highest tier reached and more.
- Friends can now be deleted in batches.
- 3D models added to vehicle and airplane finish previews in the shop.
- Animation on the Season page has been optimized for certain device models.
- Accidental friendly fire will not be penalized.
- Chat system has been tuned.
- Items contains in air drops have been tuned.
Just last week, data from analytics platform App Ape showed that PUBG Mobile has crossed the three million downloads mark in the US, with about 1.7 million of those on Android. Last month, the game had crossed the 100 million downloads mark, showing that US is a rather insignificant factor in the game’s success.
If you’re a fan of video games, check out Transition, Gadgets 360’s gaming podcast. You can listen to it via Apple Podcasts or RSS, or just listen to this week’s episode by hitting the play button below.
You must log in to post a comment.